Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Virtual Dating And Love"


eNotAlone.com. "Virtual Dating And Love." 3 Feb. 2009
http://www.enotalone.com/article/19306.html


This article talked about how "cyber love" or internet dating/love is becoming quite popular. It talked about several different ups and downs about this issue. They started out talking about how important or how big of a role the internet plays in our life. One of the good things was that you can meet people that you might never meet in your lifetime, or would have never met without the internet. Another one was that you can stay in touch with people who live far away. Another one was that you can talk to many people without ever having to leave a room. They then started talking about the downsides. Not all online dating websites are believable and there are many frauds out there who are pretending to be someone who they really aren't. They also talked about how you just build up an image of a person through what the person tells you and you never can truly see who the person really is like on the other side of the screen. They also mentioned that people are often discouraged when they meet the other person in real life.


Me personally, I think that this whole thing of "cyber love" is so lame. Why would you ever want to develop a relationship over a computer? You can't even get some suga... hahaha just kidding! No but i still think that it is lame. I agree with the fact that you really don't know if the person your talking to is really who he/she claims to be. Knowing this and knowing that there are creepy people out in the world, makes me disagree with online dating. I understand that sometimes this works out with some people, but I don't agree with it. Whenever I see an eHarmony commercial or something similar to that I just laugh, because it is so lame. However I agree with the fact that computers are useful in the way that we can communicate with others who are long distances away.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that it is unrealistic to think that you can receive the needed information about a person that you want to have a relationship with over the internet. You here success stories but I would be willing to say they are few for the number of subscribers on each of the programs.... And no "suga"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to know several people who met the love of their lives throught sites like this. If I were a single person looking for someone to marry, I would use these sites. It's better than hitting bars or going to singles dances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often pondered, in my diary, whether or not to join an online dating website. I ultimately decided to join, but I haven't really found any success. I don't really think that the commercials advertise it properly. Pleural anecdotes aren't evidence, just because they advertise multiple cases of finding love doesn't mean that the likelihood of finding love is high. I think they are also impractical. Many of my matches live in places like Alaska, Pennsylvania, Transylvania, and other places. I can't afford to go there or to pay to have them fly here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that for most people that the regular way of dating is the best way but there are those people who are just no good at the pick up lines and need some help getting a date and eharmony and those sites are good ways of meeting people and getting them dates.

    ReplyDelete