Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fashion In the Media

"Women's Belts Add Chicness and Accentuate Your Figure"
Ezilon.com Articles. "Women's Belts Add Chicness and Accentuate Your Figure"
26 Nov. 2008. http://www.ezilon.com/information/article_20238.shtml


In this article, it talked about how belts are coming back into style again. It talked about how belts are much more than just a necessity, they are a huge fashion statement. They mentioned that there are a lot of different ways to wear belts now and how there isn't one set way to wear a belt. They also talked about the different kinds of belts, like wide belts and skinny belts and how they affect the way you look. They said that wider belts tend to show off and accentuate a womens curves more than skinny belts do. Specifically when women wear the belt just under their bust line. Skinny belts on the other hand, they said accentuate a woman's clothing. Overall they pretty much said that belts are the new fashion item that is a must have.

I thought this was an interesting article, because the media plays a huge role in influencing the way that people dress. Teenagers always want to have the new jeans that are out, or the new kicks, or the new jacket, or whatever. They simply feel that if they have a certain item that the media is portraying as "cool", they will be "cool" as well. I thought it was funny how they said that a belt is much more than just a necessity. I didn't really think that belt's now-a-days were such a big fashion statement. I guess no matter what, the media is going to influence people to dress a certain way to be "cool" or look "hip". It is what it is.

6 comments:

  1. Belts are huge now in fashion! I think adding a belt to any outfit is a simple way to excentuate your body and add a little more style. Whether on T.V or in a magazine celebrities influence your style, and i think this is a great thing that anyone can do and they will look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Jeremy Wilcox. I read an article that Johnathan Ig wrote about belts, and now thay are a fashion statment, and not just something to wear. I agree with this, especially for girls. Hopefully, the belts don't become a huge fashion fad, which I don't think they will, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also seen how people are wearing belts more. I agree that the media has influenced them but I think it is a good thing. I think the media is a great way to see how other people are dressing and whats in and looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has definitly been more belts now that I think about it. I agree with Jon that the media tells us what to wear and what not to wear these days, Which I think probably is a help in someways but not such a help in another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what ige says that the media dictates to us what they think that we should wear and what not to wear. I have also noticed the trendy belts recently, and it's not only in girls belts have become important for guys as well. Big belt buckles send a statement and it's not only the cowboys now adays that are wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not about the media, but about fashion. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete